Thursday, June 11, 2009

"If the good Lord had intended us to walk he wouldn't have invented roller skates."

This line from Willy Wonka explains how I feel about transportation today. I only have a bike. So I get to ride it everywhere. School, work, the grocery store, etc. Now while I am thankful that I have a bicycle and don't have to pay for gas and insurance, get exercise and don't pollute the environment, it is getting really old. This is my second summer getting to work on my bike. Most of the time it's ok, but then there are the days where I'm too tired to ride my bike home or I can't buy all the groceries I need at one time because I can't get them home. Or like today, where it rained and made my bike wet which doesn't help it's performance. Now the chain is doing funny things, the brakes squeal when I press them and the seat keeps slipping down which makes it hard to pedal. I shouldn't complain. At least I have a bike and I don't have to walk. But I just need it to not rain anymore. At least until July when I get to borrow my sister's car for 2 1/2 weeks.

1 comment:

Kimberly LeNeave said...

Maybe you could get roller skates! Then You wouldn't have all the troubles that come with a wet bike. It would still be a little tiring, but that passes eventually. Just like a quarterback.