"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."-Albus Dumbledore
Sunday, September 12, 2010
welcome to your local ysa branch
So I went to my new branch today and I had to stand up and introduce myself. I get up and say "Hi, I'm Meagan, I just graduated from BYU with a degree in public health, now I'm looking for a job." Then the branch prez says "you're forgetting something else you're looking for." I was completely nonplussed. What else was I supposed to say? My branch prez is close to wiggling his eyebrows up and down, there was an awkward pause, then this girl next to me whispers "a husband." I did not appreciate this. I mean, I am technically, but not. Really not. I went through this internal struggle because I did not want to say what he wanted me to say. I ended up smiling and probably looked embarassed. So he turns to everyone else and says "a husband" and then chuckles at his little joke. So much worse than any ward I was in at BYU.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
haha. that is too funny. yet utterly awful. sounds like ysa will be interesting...
OH.MY.GOSH.
Please throw your hymnbook at him next time. Or I will, gladly!
Meagan--be the change you wish to see in the (YSA) world!
MISS YOU!!!
Awkward with a capital AWK. No one says you have to stay there...
Post a Comment