Wednesday, September 14, 2011

favicon

I just learned what a favicon is. 

Sometimes I get confused because I feel like my life is so busy and then I remember that I'm not in school anymore, so why is it still so busy? I guess that's a good thing though.

Last week was crazy stressful. I hated it. And I hated being mad and frustrated all the time. That is not how I roll. I'm glad it's over.

BYU vs. U of U game this weekend. It's weird to have it this early in the season, but I'll for sure be supporting my Cougars. Not a big fan of baby Heaps yet, but there's hope.

Also, somehow I got into this tutoring gig, teaching math of all things. If only my 15-year old self could see me now. (I seem to remember starting an "I hate Math" club in 10th grade, I was President). I help a 6th grader and an 11th grader with math. I was attempting pre-calc last night. And it's been 6 years since I've done any kind of math. My brain hurt. It's been taking a lot of time out of my evenings, but I get paid pretty well. It should slow down a bit, I hope.

I signed up for an adult beginning ballet class. It's once a week. I love it. I missed ballet a lot. I just wish it were a higher level of difficulty so I could get more of a work out. It's more casual, so I was a tad overdressed when I showed up for the first class in my leotard, pink tights, skirt, and hair pulled back in a bun. What can I say? I'm a trained ballerina.
I feel like I need a big change in my life. I just don't have time to work on making that happen. But I should find it, and soon.

I'm not as good at staying in touch with people as I once thought. Just know that if you are reading this, I've been thinking of ya.

And because sometimes I write about music on my blog I have three recommendations today:
1. Jon McLaughlin-he sang "So Close" on the movie "Enchanted," but also just released his third album. I would classify his music as piano stomp or folk-pop, he has intriguing piano melodies and driving beats. Very entertaining. His new cd came out a week or so ago and is called "Forever if Ever." He has a duet with Xenia from "The Voice" that is pretty good. She has a really unique voice and will probably do well for herself. The duet is called "Maybe It's Over, " check it out.

2. Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers-I would classify this as folk-pop with some country leanings. They've been around for awhile and I don't know what their popular stuff is, but I put a bunch of it on my Grooveshark account and it's been really good. Check out "Gravity."

3. James Morrison-my British friend (I met him once) is coming out in a few weeks with a new album "The Awakening". It sounds good so far, I really just enjoy anything James does. He's got a good blend of pop and soul and has a unique voice. Check out "Right By Your Side."

Lastly, I look forward to new seasons of TV shows coming back. We've been watching a lot of NCIS this summer at my house, it's not bad, but once I had a dream that I was in a house that was being raided by a SWAT team, so I think I need a break. I'm ready for some more Tina Fey (30 Rock), Amy Pohler, Ron Swanson (Parks and Recreation), Sheldon (Big Bang Theory), and the entire Modern Family.

No comments: