The mormon ghetto is what we call the neighborhood where I grew up. There are a good number of mormons where I live, but not everywhere like Utah. Except where my house is-of the eleven houses on my block nine of them are moromon. And that's not counting other surrounding houses. So there you go-mormom ghetto definition.
We have several Christmas traditions-some when we were young, and some that are more recent. I love them all.
1. Kira coming over on Christmas day to say hi and see what we got in our haul.-old
2. Mormon goodie exchange-i'm anticipating more this year since my dad is the bishop.-old and recent
3. ELF-the best Christmas movie ever. I love that we have to watch it together, and then because we do watch it together it makes the movie that much better.-recent
4. Black and White fudge-made by the Jeppsons, we fight over it and who gets how much, it's that good.-old and recent
5. Riding the bus to the mall to go Christmas shopping-we only did this a few times in that age where we had money but no vehicle, but we thought we were so cool. Especially when Kira and I bought each other the same N'SYNC poster for Christmas...I still have it.-old
6. Dairy Queen-growing up in Richland you know how important Dairy Queen is. This is more of a recent tradition because we all go away for school but aren't able to go to DQ so we have to go when we're home. And it's usually a requirement that we go several times. Last year we had the infamous "Natural Seduction" video. Yesterday Jillian and I ended up being there at the same time as Austin and Kameron. It was like something told us all to go there at the same time. It made me happy. And we chatted about things like BYU parking until we got kicked out. Who gets kicked out of Dairy Queen?!-recent
7. If there was ever any snow-snowman, forts, and sledding. It didn't snow very often but one year we made the best fort ever in our front yard, with a roof and a tunnel that you had to crawl through to get into the cave. We even poured water over it at night so that it would ice over and last longer. Snowmen were dressed up with carrots, and extra hats and scarves. And sledding?! Carmichael Hill is the best. Decent hill, not too bad to walk up and down, with half of Richland out the minute a breath of snow is on the ground.-old
I love Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment