Sunday, February 3, 2013

the world needs more rock organ

So I was listening to my new Neil Diamond cd in my car (Hot August Night-Live, and I love it, thanks Stephen!), and this song came on that I wasn't familiar with. Neil was just spouting a bunch of names and got rocking, and I was really confused. But then it got to the rock organ part and I was hooked, it got really crazy after that. And I realized, the organ is something you don't hear too often in music. So I thought about other songs I knew that had organ, (besides motab or classical) and I didn't have too many. It's a shame though. Here they are:

Ok that version doesn't have organ, but just imagine it with organ on those trumpet/trombone parts. I just love Neil.

STYX Blue Collar Man-Monicky, I always think of you when I listen to STYX. Oh, and this is also a really good song to run to or drive fast in a car to.
STYX probs had organ on lots of other songs 'cause they were classy. I'm probably missing a Led Zepplin song or something.

And then! We were listening to the stream of Josh Groban's new album and he has organ on one of his songs! It's more in a classical music way, but it totally works. The song is Sincera and it's in Italian. Way to use the organ, Joshy!

Also, I missed celebrating Neil Diamond's birthday on January 24th, but let's just say every day around here is Neil Diamond day.

And tomorrow Mom and I are going to the movie theater for the cd release show of Josh's new cd, All That Echoes. I am going to pee my pants, I'm so excited. The album is awesome and probably going to be my second favorite after Awake.

Also, one time, I touched Josh Groban twice.
 

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I definitely concur about the organ.

Monica said...

Also, one time, when you touched JG twice, I was really jealous.
Thanks for associating me with Styx. I play "Renegade" in class, really loud, and my students think I am crazy and ask "are you going to play GOOD music today?" Then I say, "get out of my class."
Thank you for recognizing that the organ is a super rad instrument.
AND BLOG MORE! I love your blogs!