Go a week without getting frustrated to the high heavens about fhe and my calling?
Answer: because I still get texts asking what FHE is after announcing it in church, putting it in the bulletin, branch newsletter and flyer, and announcing it in RS.
I realized that my calling has nothing to do with converting others to the gospel or bringing them closer to Christ. Nope, a more appropriate title would be "entertainment director for 6 year olds" because that is what I do and that is how old they act.
Also, I got the "I would come to FHE if it were something I liked" line again, and it was from someone who is not even in my branch. Yay.
K guys, I'll blog about my trip soon so there'll be something else on here besides my angst. Lo siento.
3 comments:
It sounds like you need a new calling! You may or may not want to casually leave your blog address written on a slip of paper for your bishop to find...haha JK. But hopefully the situation will get better somehow...
I vote you just protest--be straight up honest with everyone. Just say "um, I am not going to do this unless we understand a few things."
And then I'd punch a nose.
But that's just me.....
This blog post showed up in my google reader this morning and with your mention of being 'entertainment director for 6 year olds' i just thought I'd share it!
http://www.modernmormonmen.com/2013/05/the-infantilisation-of-young-single.html
Post a Comment