On Fashion
-That quote is from the movie The Devil Wears Prada and this scene:
What made me think of that is the current "neon" trend in clothing right now and how it most likely came about just like this scene states. I just can't get on board with it. It's not flattering, it clashes with most everything besides more neon or black, and it just reminds me of the 80's. And now it's everywhere. I can't just get a basic pink, green or yellow shirt anymore. It's all in neon now. Also accessories like purses, sunglasses and shoes. It's gotten to the point that there's not too much that's NOT neon. I see middle aged women wearing spandexy shirts of neon, pink or orange. While I applaud them for being bold in their fashion choice (because no one will miss you when you wear that), it's sooooo not doing anything for them. Not slimming at all and because you are following a "trend" it just makes you look like you're trying to be a teenager. One concession I can make is for exercise clothes. For some reason I can handle that. But I've been trying to find some new athletic/casual shoes and there is nothing but neon out there and I need this train to stop so I can find some shoes to buy.
-One article of clothing I am loving is my maxi skirt. It is my summertime equivalent of sweatpants. So comfy after a day at work and so convenient to wear to church if I don't feel like shaving my legs. I got mine for like $12.00 at Walmart and it has done me good so far.
On Photography
-My new favorite thing is printing off my instagrams at Walgreens. They print a 4x4 of your instagram that you can upload from your phone to their app and they cost like $0.39 each. I'm pretty obsessed with instagram right now so I was looking for a cheap way to do that. It's so much fun getting the smaller sized photographs. And the filters! I love filters. I took most of my photos from my NYC/DC trip on my iPhone and I have to say I was very pleased. It's a nice camera. Not as nice as my regular ones, but oh so convenient. The scary thing is that it's a little too easy to take self photos with the flip screen thingy, which makes for more awkward and weirdly spaced photos. Beware!
On Driving
-When people are idiots on the road I have little patience. Also when I can tell they are on their cell phones I just want to lay on my horn until they can't handle it anymore. It's not safe and you are all over the road. Plus it's illegal in WA anyway.
On the Radio
-I can't handle regular music stations early in the morning on the way to work. So somehow I got into NPR and now I listen to it on my 25 minute drive. I usually catch the news and business updates. It makes me feel old but I realize that it's totally my kind of thing. I have always been good at remembering little bits of info or knowledge. I get updated on the news and I also learn a lot about a ton of random things. The other day it was about how some Chinsese are trying to cultivate arts and culture in their country but their just isn't a lot of interest in that stuff yet because they are all about making money. Another day it was about sales tax for online sales and how it would affect people's businesses. I also feel like I get just enough political stuff to be socially informed but not enough to make me sick of it.
On Summer Television
-Basically this means I catch up on my Netflix queue
On Literature
-So I had this book by Agatha Christie called "A Murder is Announced", the plot has a murder being announced in a local paper before it happens, it happens and then they have to find out how and why. So sounds like a good premise, right? Cut to Meagan turning in that book late for the second time at the good ol' Richland Public Library because I just couldn't get it done. I don't know what it is, but I have the hardest time finishing Agatha Christie books. I like the Poirot movies, but reading them is a whole different matter. It kind of bugs me, I like to read, so I should like this classic author. But I struggle. I've read another Poirot and 10 Little Indians(?) and they both took me awhile. It may be the Britishness of her writing, or that it's older. Anyway, before I turned it in late I checked on Netflix because it was a Miss Marple mystery. They made this title into a movie. So I watched the movie to figure out what happened instead of trying the book one more time. How sad.
On Florence
-I went to Florence, Italy last year on my European tour with my sister. I just figured out today that the David statue was NOT in the Uffizi museum where I lost Jillian (yeah, I lost my sister in a foreign country, but we recovered, ok?). AND I learned that Galileo and Michelangelo are both buried in the Santa Croce church, the one I drug (dragged?) Jillian through the town to see the outside of but we didn't go inside because we were tired, hot, sticky, hungry and had slept on a night train the night before. It was the one place that I didn't plan for on our trip because I thought we'd see what was there. Moral of the story: it's helpful to research before you travel so you don't miss something good!
3 blog posts in one week? What is up with that?
No comments:
Post a Comment