Thursday, March 20, 2014

topical

While watching the Gweneth version of "Emma"-
Mr. Knightley walks up to Emma and Dad goes, "Look, it's Mr Wingley!"
Me-"...Mr. Wingley? You mean Mr. Bingley? Good try, Dad, but this is Emma, not Pride and Prejudice."
Dad-"Well, Mr. Bingley is the only one I can ever remember and they're all the same to me!"

Mom-"Emma wears a different dress in every scene of this movie. This green dress is my favorite but Mr. Knightley yells at her in the scene so I don't know how I feel about it."

While at Target talking to Mom on the phone, I went to purchase the movie "Frozen"
"I think you should pick up two copies of 'Frozen' otherwise we'll be short one and then they'll put it in the Disney Vault and we won't be able to buy it for like ten years!" (I bought two copies)

I had a conversation with Dad about creamy and chunky peanut butter. He remembers when Chunky was new and a big deal at his house. I was a little surprised they had Chunky way back when...and then I thought about how I can tell my kids that I remember when there was Tan in the M&M package and I also remember when Pluto was a planet. Which made me think of in Psych when Gus' pick up line is "You hear about Pluto? That's messed up, right."



At least we entertain ourselves. :)

2 comments:

Gretch said...

I miss you guys!

Unknown said...

This makes me smile. I love it.