Saturday, November 15, 2008

Marwage

Marwage is waht brwings me to type this today...ok I'll stop. I have two thoughts on marriage among many.

1. I hate when people ask recently married couples "How's married life?" I know it's an innocent question but to me it implies "How's the sex?" especially since Mormons don't have sex until after marriage. This just weird to me.

2. How do people adjust to "married life"? A week or so ago I overheard these two married girls in my class chatting. They like to compare things they have experience since getting married including changing social security cards. One subject they touched was how they are bored now they are married. The only person they see is their husband and not really anyone else. Also other married people. It made me ponder. Are married people bored after they get married because they aren't courting anymore? Do they just have kids to have something to do? What is going on? I know being married is good and worth doing don't worry.

2 comments:

jenn said...

meagan, you're funny, please blog more often.
you can ask me "how's married life" all you want and i'll answer something like, "it's different from single life" rather than/instead of "it's great!!! I HIGHLY recommend it!!!"

also, re: #2, aaron is the only one i see as it is- case in point, today i spent 11 hours with him, although 2 of those hours i spent alone in HIS apartment, while he was out at the gym & doing church things. and i'm not bored yet...so maybe we'll see if that changes when we're actually married and spending LESS time together when we start working? And FOR THE RECORD [hoo boy, here goes]: we aren't going to try for pregnancy until October 2011. so if it happens before then, you know it was either a big "oops" or, we were just so bored we couldn't take it anymore. How's that for way TMI in one comment? Ha! lo siento!

Meagan said...

Jenn, I appreciate your honesty.