Monday, February 23, 2009

People

Person #1-I was at my bishop's home tonight for FHE. I really enjoy my bishop and his wife. They are a great team and are very funny and intelligent. Bishop's wife started going around the room to try make sure she knew everyone's name. She came to me and said, "You're new this semester. You taught the wonderful enrichment on emergency preparedness last week. You did so well!" I was baffled. I have been in the ward for SIX MONTHS. I'm sure she knew me last semester. It hurt a little because she should at least recognize me. It's not like I don't ever go to anything. I'm pretty active in the ward. About the enrichment, I'm pretty sure I was all the way up in Kaysville when that happened and was not there. She thought I was being modest by denying that I taught "such a great lesson" but no, I was just not present.


There must be someone else in the ward that people are confusing me with. About two weeks ago after I gave the second counselor in my ward my tithing he said, "Don't worry, we'll get someone called to emergency preparedness soon." I replied, "That's great but why does that matter to me because I'm on the break the fast committee." (He also called me Katie). I must find out who our emergency preparedness specialist is...


Person #2-If you ever venture into Outdoors Unlimited check and see if Scott is there. He is a very attractive guy that works there. Kind of a surfer face that reminds me of Aaron Peirsol. I discovered him when I went to return my skis today. I only wish I had more money so I could rent more equipment from him.



Aaron Peirsol



Person #3-Another attractive man is my social dance teacher. I think half of it is that he can dance, but he is also very good looking. I also got to dance with him for a segundo today, it is very nice dancing with someone who knows what they're doing.

Person(s) #4-Who needs the six degrees of Kevin Bacon? At BYU we only need three or less. Example-I went to Emily's birthday party and knew three other people there who I did not know knew Emily. One was a guy I worked with one summer, two were girls from a former ward. Example-At ward prayer last night I met a guy who had friends in the ward but he himself was not in the ward. At work today I happened to be visiting when he showed up to the ticket office window. We walked out of the building and chatted for a bit. And it only gets more intertwined the more people I meet.


Also, it is Cadbury Mini Eggs season and I already bought a bag. They are the best candy ever. They have a similar item at Christmas but it's just not the same. I love Easter candy.

2 comments:

kyliebrooke|s said...

meagan, i really like you. :)

kyliebrooke|s said...

not in a creeper way...as i realized my comment just sounded.