Friday, February 13, 2009

They Say It's Your Birthday

I had a wonderful birthday this year. It started on Friday when Jillian took me to the MOA cafe to lunch. We got a ton of food. Both of us got a turkey harvest crossiant, I got the curry chicken salad, Jillian got potato soup and we shared a scrumptious chocolate cake that had every density of chocolate from frosting to fudge to cake to crunchy things. I was sooo stuffed.

Then I went to work where I got a ton of birthday wishes. Thanks everyone! After work I went ice skating wtih Jenn and Aaron at seven peaks. I only had to pay $1 because the rental agency I used to rent from had a special "buy out the rink" night. It was great because we got to go on the other sheet of ice and didn't have to share it with the other people. I also persuaded Jenn and Aaron to try hockey skates. I am a big fan. There was also doughnuts afterward. I saw some guys from my ward and chatted with them. After we drove to Maestro's gellato and got free samples.


Me and Jenn ice skating


It looks like I'm about ready to do a triple lutz or something

Saturday was also fun. I went shopping with Jenn in the morning to get supplied for the next day's dinner. Then work, then Young Ambassadors with Jillian. We both enjoyed it a ton and I was impressed by a lot of the performers. My favorite numbers were "My new philosophy," "Show Off," the "Wicked" set, and the song from "The Color Purple." I did have to go back to work that night but it was a very entertaining time because there were a ton of treats and we got Brad the house manager doing pirouettes on video. I think we were all going crazy from the split shift. I was very tired by the end of the day.

On Sunday, my actual birthday, I got to wear some new clothes that I had gotten. I was excited. My mom called me in the morning and sang me "Happy Birthday." I also looked in the mailbox and got a birthday card from my aunt Debbie and a package from my mom. In the box I found a package of Dove chocolate and three bags of gingerbread cookies! If you didn't know, gingerbread is one of my favorite things. My mom made heart cookies and decorated with red hots. Gingerbread and red hots are a good combo. Church was great, more birthday wishes and the Relief Society sang to me. After church I ran home to make preparations for dinner.

The furniture had to be rearranged but I am a master planner. I needed to fit 17 people in my apartment which was a feat. Jenn came over and helped me prep the vegetables. Marissa was going to help but she was sick. I eventually made her do the frosting because I stink at frosting, but she did wash her hands. People started showing up and I was very excited. As always, dinner did not start on time but some people were late so it was ok. Dinner was "make your own" paninis. Jenn and Aaron got a panini maker when they got married and let me borrow it. I had fancy bread, olive oil, fancy cheese, veggies and even basil. It was a hit. The sandwiches were amazing grilled. It just added to the quality of the sandwich. It was kind of annoying that everyone had to take their turn but they were very patient.
Kira, Austin and Kameron enjoying paninis
It was great to chat and catch up with everyone. I was also excited for my friends to meet each other, probably because I want them to be friends too. We ate and then they sang "Happy Birthday" to me and I blew out the candles on my cake. My friends wanted to give me spankings too but I wouldn't let them. Then it was just more chatting and a small photoshoot where I was put in a "Jeff" sandwich. I know other people like getting things for their birthday but all I really wanted was to see my good friends. I love that they all came. It was a great birthday and hopefully year 22 will be spectacular!

Crazy Mormon Ghetto Kids


"Go shawty, it's ya birthday!"

Guest List: Me, Jillian, Stephen, Marissa, Jenn, Aaron, Jenna, Jared, Benji, Matt, Marcus, Tanya, Kameron, Kira, Austin and Natalie. Good times.

Jillian made me this card! She is awesome.

Birthday cookies and cards.

1 comment:

kyliebrooke|s said...

yay! i'm so glad you had a fun birthday!