Friday, April 9, 2010

worst nightmare possible just realized

Today, while sitting with my computer on my lap, I coughed and spilled water I was holding onto my beautiful laptop. It beeped really loud, then I turned it off. Now when I turn it on I see no picture. I googled how to dry off computers and it pretty much said there is no hope.  I am kind of freaking out. My ENTIRE LIFE is on that laptop. Pictures, papers I've written, journal entries, etc. I hold little hope in being able to recover it. Also, I have no money to pay to get it fixed. I have no money for anything. I'm using Rachelle's computer right now but I need a permanent fix. I feel naked, like the times where you forget your cell phone at home and are at school all day without it. You don't really need it and get along ok without it, but all the same you'd rather have it there. I am so distraught.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Are you kidding me? meagan that sucks....but i have faith that your photos/docs/etc can be salvaged. The screen on my old laptop broke, but the computer could still turn on, and be hooked up to an outside screen and everything was transferred to an external hard drive. I really hope you get everything back...and...when you do...go invest in an external hard drive! (250 gb at least-- mine's 250 gb & is on amazon for $64)

Julie said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry!!! I don't have any good advice...I'm just here to sympathize with you.