I don't know why but all my favorite Christmas songs this year are the more melancholy type. The kind where the singer can't be home for Christmas, they lost their loved one, or life is just hard at this time of year. They include Kenny Loggins' "Celebrate Me Home" Dan Fogleberg's "Auld Lang Syne" The Eagles "Please Come Home for Christmas" and Wham! "Last Christmas" among others. It's weird becasue the past couple of years my favorites have been songs about coming home for the holiday. Probably because I was at school and could relate to it.
It could be the fact that not seeing the sunshine really bums me out.
It could be the fact that I just don't feel in a Christmasy mood.
It could be the fact that I get a grand total of one day off for Christmas.
It could be the fact that I'm listening to sad but classy cello music right now.
It could be the fact that I've only watched one Christmas movie so far.
It could be the fact that I've recently said good bye to a good friend.
or a plethora of other things.
But I love Christmas. I made gingerbread today with Jillian and we will bake it tomorrow! Also those songs are just really good so why shouldn't I like them? I still have shopping to do and wrapping and I still don't feel like it should be december but time keeps marching on I guess. It's just me adjusting to the holiday when I get one day off work instead of two whole weeks. yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment