So the news came on, they announced that Osama Bin Laden is dead. Then President Obama came on and gave a short speech, but I guess he made everyone wait over an hour for the speech. Now my Facebook is full of comments about the event. Some people were annoyed with Obama making America wait, thinking he was trying to pull a power play. Trying to get back at Donald Trump by interrupting the broadcast of his show. Some were quick to state that Obama had nothing to do with it, and that he was taking credit for the whole operation. I don't get political very often because when you do, you open yourself up for attacks and people just get mean and nasty very quickly. But I need to say a few things but not necessarily on Facebook.
-I think it's a good thing that a very bad man was caught and now he cannot hurt people any more.
-President Obama is the Commander in Chief of our military. As such, it was his call to order the operative to go after Bin Laden. I believe he did the best he could to wait until they had enough information, and to do it in such a way to minimize bloodshed. They had a hint of his whereabouts in August.
-Obama's speech in no way took all the credit for what happened. This event has been a long time coming and many people made it possible. It wasn't Obama, it wasn't George W. Bush. It was very many people over many years.
-I believe Obama made sure to recognize the familes of all the people who lost their lives on 9/11 and the families of the military and other organizations who sacrifice so much to provide national security.
-I DO NOT believe Obama was trying to interrupt Donald Trump's tv programming. Speeches like this are a big deal. Careful consideration needs to be made to the wording and inclusion of certain information while not including other information. Plus he is the president and can give his speech whenever he wants.
-If breaking news is interrupting your Sunday night programming and you were planning on watching Donald Trump, I'm sorry, but that is poor taste in tv shows.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment