oh, look, a panda celebrating her birthday!
"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."-Albus Dumbledore
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
birthday
Growing up (and even now) I always wanted a summer birthday. Just so I could not have school on my birthday, and be able to have a pool party outside. Sadly, the 8th of February is not very conducive to these ideas. My birthday is always at the end of winter, when we are all so sick of gray and cold and just want to feel some sunshine on our face. All the holidays are over and there is still two months till spring vacation. The other sad thing I realized was that my birthday comes at the height of flu season. It's rare for me to not be sick on or around my birthday. That is a major bummer. Today I realized a solution to this while looking at a blog of a photographer who was taking about the starkness of winter. Move to the southern hemisphere! Then my birthday will be in the middle of summer and it will be fabulous. (The blog I was looking at was this lady based in New Zeland. I felt sorry for her that her blog posts were labeled July but she was complaining about the cold.) It would be weird to have Christmas and it be warm outside, but I could maybe get used to that. But that means all my peeps would have to move to so they could come to said birthday party. Ok? Ok. I'm thinking Australia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How many pandas are there in Australia?
At least one, at some zoo down there. I googled Australian birthday and this came up. And I love pandas.
Post a Comment