Saturday, July 9, 2011

i'm still recovering from last weekend

I love the 4th of July. Food, fireworks, sunshine, pool, friends, and red, white & blue. Just love it. I ended up having a four day weekend due to an error at work, and the clinic was closed. What did I do?

Friday-after a delicious morning of sleeping in, I took my mom to the Richland farmer's market. Which, by the way, is ten times better than Provo's, seeing as how I live in agriculture country. Not one stupid flower-hair-bow thing in sight. I tried fudge, cherries and bread. We had fun strolling along and seeing what the vendors had to offer. Even peeking in at a new bakery and a lady shop. I ended up getting huckleberry turnovers and some pink peonies. We even ran into Scott and Katy out to look for someplace to lunch. Then we took our purchases home and went back out to "stimulate the economy." I had to fix my HP7 shirt, that I keep getting the wrong kind of, and we took a little stroll around the mall. Then because we had coupons we stopped in at two different craft stores so I could stock up on my scrapbooking supplies. (After the GRE I'm going to start my DC scrapbook). The ysa activity that night was ice blocking at Carmichael Hill, it was good. Then I hung out with some awesome friends who gathered to see our dear friend Andy who was in town for the weekend. Again, we went to Shari's for pie after 1 am (I really don't understand the 1 am thing, it's not like it's on sale or anything) and I was up super late.

Saturday-after sleeping in again, I tried to mow the lawn, but the lawn mower wouldn't start. Oh darn. I guess I'll just go to the pool. I was there for like five hours. I invited a whole bunch of peeps and we had fun playing in the pool. Then Nikki and I caught the last half of the Dust Devils game, a minor league team associated with the Colorado Rockies. We snuck in subway to eat and had lots of fun watching the game. It was a good game too, close score, coach ejected and 11 innings. There were also fireworks after the game. And because Nikki and I are awesome and my iPod adapter was broken, we rocked out to my Rihanna cd that is like three years old in my car waiting for the parking lot to clear out. Then we swung in Scott's hammock for an hour and then had late night chats with Scott and Andy, who are two of our favorite people. Again, another really late night.

Sunday-went to church. It was good. Got some serious stuff talked about with some important people. Ended up going to a BBQ later that night. Got bit by a mosquito on my forehead and it swelled up really big. Played some gin rummy. Went to bed at a lot better time.

Monday-4th of July! Helped my mom make food for my bbq that I was having that night. Did all the must haves. Potato salad, red white and blue jello, watermelon, chicken, etc. Then I went to the pool again, saw more peeps. Got ready for bbq, arranged awesome music in the stereo, patriotic, Journey, America (duh), The Temptations, got chairs out, helped mom grill and played hostess. The high points were using the van carseat/bench as a seat, cutting the watermelon with a machete, and Scott rigging up a tarp to provide shade from the sun. Then we cleaned up and got ready to go see fireworks. We took Scott's couch and put it on the bed of his truck to watch. On the way to the show, Scott and I saw these two girls trying to ride a bullet bike, rather unsuccessfully. They pulled to a stop, and then kind of fell over. They had helmets on but were wearing skimpy shorts and tank tops. Clearly they had no clue, and it was quite entertaining. We watched a good fireworks show plus plenty of illegal fireworks, Kennewick caught on fire and we watched the flames grow and then the firemen put it out. I tried to take pictures of fireworks, but it's really hard. Might do better with a tripod. More chats with good friends, pulling goat heads out of our shoes and we were ready to come home.

And after only a four day work week, I'm still trying to recover. I love America!!

No comments: