day 10
Didn't see much tonight...
-Mustafina got gold in the uneven bars and didn't have to cry over a silver. Gosh, there's a lot of crying in women's gymnastics. Not like baseball, "there's no crying in baseball!" Gabby did not medal, but she's got two other golds so I think she'll be ok. And she has the balance beam to try again.
-The men's 400 m finals. Kirani James from Grenada won his country's first medal ever taking gold at age 19. He's the one who asked Oscar for his bib last night. They did a feature on him and he's such a great represenative for his sport and country. All he wants to do is bring attention to his country and not himself. He is a great sportsman and I think he'll be in future Olympics to come.
-Jen Suhr won gold in the pole vault for USA after she got silver in Beijing.
-My boy Sam Mikulak did great in his vault in the individual event final. He was so pleased with his second vault that he kissed the table. But he did not medal. I enjoyed his enthusiasm though, he was so excited to see the other top vaulters go and had to give the South Korean guy a hug after he did his tremendous vault. It was cool.
-I read that USA won a close game over Canada in women's soccer to advance to the final. Go ladies!
I think that's all I saw. Sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment