I just wanted to write a note (mostly for myself) about meeting new people. I forgot that I liked doing that. When I donated my blood today my phlebotomist and I had a nice chat while he stabbed my arm and siphoned away my blood. We just chatted about this and that but he was friendly and it was easy. Do you ever feel like talking to someone you've never met before is easier than talking to someone you've known for a long time? I don't know if it's because they don't know a thing about you or if because you are unknown that you are still new and interesting, but sometimes it's refreshing.
I love my friends. But maybe I've been around my current ones too long. We're very comfortable but things are also a little stagnant. There's little discovery anymore since we know each other pretty well. It's possible I've gotten to comfortable and don't have to exercise the "meet new people" muscles very often. Which is probably not a good thing.
I need to remind myself that it's nice to meet new people and I like to do that for the most part.
1 comment:
This reminds me when we used to go to ward prayer together. Haha. Good times.... I miss you!
Post a Comment