"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."-Albus Dumbledore
Monday, November 12, 2007
To Eat or Not To Eat?
It's all Marissa's fault. Well sort of. Earlier on in the semester we were feeling like we were having too many sweets. We challenged ourselves to be really good about it for a week and not eat and desserts or sugar. It was really hard to be good and refuse food that was offered me. Eventually I had to think of punishments I would get if I broke the goal. Last week the punishment was I had to run with Marissa in the morning if I ate dessert. Fear of punishment was the only thing that worked. It is seriously crazy how much free food is all over. There are usually treats after ward prayer with cookies and brownies. FHE has a required treat phase. BYUSA has free food for random things all the time. Free hot dogs, hot chocolate, pie, candy, etc. It is hard to be good because it is really tempting. But then again it makes me realize what would happen if I did eat all the food that was available to me. Whoa baby! I just need to be good and say to myself that just because it's free doesn't mean I have to eat it. It's just a starving student's mindset I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Meagan... we are amazing! although I am glad we ate sugar today :)
p.s. It was YOUR idea this week.
Post a Comment