Friday, June 6, 2008

My own talk show

My family has often told me that I should have my own talk show. And I quite agree. I think it would be fun to interview people and give away tons of free crap. A little pointless but fun. I appreciate it when the people of the show try to do something with it like Oprah. I am also starting to appreciate Ellen. I really enjoy her sense of humor. She also likes to do things for others and appreciates having people on her show who are not famous but special in their own way. I have no idea how to get into this business, probably a lot of butt-kissing. I think I could be very good at it though, but I'm not a lesbian, or black, so I'll have to think of a new gimmick.

Of the late night men I have opinions on all of them. Letterman has very dry, ironic humor that I kind of enjoy, Jimmy Kimmel is so stoic most of the time and it confuses some people, they don't get his jokes, but I enjoy the notorious video he made with Ben Affleck, but I can't repeat the name; Leno is very NBC, his comedy is formulated, I used to like him better at first but now, not so much; Conan O'Brian is hilarious because he sidetracks himself with his own jokes, he has kind of a frat house humor, he has a ton of energy, not quite so sure if this will be ok when he takes over for Leno since he will have a different demographic, I also have thought of him as a smart man even before I found out he graduated from Harvard with honors; I am skeptical of Jimmy Fallon taking over for Conan. Who decided that Jimmy could do late night TV? Yes, he was great on SNL, but this does not necessarily mean he will do well at late night. I'm not so sure about that. But I probably won't watch him because I only watch late night TV when I live at home and can stay up late because I have nothing to get to in the morning.

2 comments:

Julie Ann said...

I LOVE Ellen! You should watch her standup!

Julie Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.