Friday, June 6, 2008

They need recognition

There are many actresses and actors in Hollywood that are all trying to make their careers bigger, some are cool, some have too much exposure. (I really want the whole Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie thing to die down, but as long as they keep having babies my prayers won't be answered.) There are a few people that I think need more recognition for the performances they give in film.





1. William H. Macy-this guy is a great actor, should be put in more things. See him in: Mr. Holland's Opus, Seabiscuit, Sahara, Cellular, and many other movies that I probably am not aware of.


2. Greg Kinnear-he is good with comedy-Little Miss Sunshine, Baby Mama, Sabrina...


3. Toni Collette-first of all I didn't know she was from Australia??-Little Miss Sunshine, Emma, About A Boy, In Her Shoes...


4. Viggo Mortensen-LOTR hello? and many more





So I guess a lot of these people have been nominated for some big awards. I guess I just have the idea in my head that when you do well in a movie that you keep on making great movies. But it's exactly the opposite. You make whatever the studios tell you to make, and sometimes it's crap. I first learned this with Halle Berry. I watched the Oscars when she won and then waited for her to make something that I would want to see. It hasn't happened yet. Another person I wonder about is Kierra Nightley. Why does she get all these roles? I don't think she's that good.





Three people I've decided I absolutely enjoy:


1. Tom Hanks-great man, great actor, Philidelphia, Apollo 13, Forrest Gump, Castaway, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail


2. Kate Winslet-she is beautiful and a wonderful actress-Titanic, Sense and Sensibility, the Holiday, Finding Neverland, keep on going


3. James McAvoy-his success is more recent but he will become a great actor as he gets more notice, has a huge thick Scottish accent but you don't get to hear this in the movies-Narnia, The Last King of Scotland (haven't seen but heard it's good), Atonement (also haven't seen), Penelope (indie flick), Becoming Jane, and he's delicious to look at. New one coming out with Angelina Jolie as (suprise!) a secret agent, not so sure why he's in this role, not really the steamy kind of guy they put here. We'll see. But he'll do well.

No comments: