He is a pretty young, talented musician from England. Morrsion's music is fun to listen to and groove to. He has a funk R&B style but can also jam out on the guitar. Morrsion's voice is also unique with a kind of scratchy soul sound. I can't wait to see him live because he is sure to be better in person. I love when musicians are that good. I hope Utah gives him a good welcome. His latest single is "Broken Strings" a duet with Nelly Furtatdo. *Listen to it on my player.
Although I am more excited for James Morrsion he is opening for another singer, Adele. She is also from England and is even younger than Morrison. Her soulful voice has been compared to Amy Winhouse (who I don't listen to). I believe Adele is nominated for three Grammy's. I've never heard of her before but I don't want to go to her concert uneducated. I have listened to two of her songs and really enjoy them. I plan on getting more familiar with Adele so it should be a really great concert. I plan on dragging Marissa with me ;)Another bonus is that this concert will only be 30 minutes away and the tickets are cheap. I missed out on seeing Maroon 5 back when they were good. My friend went and ended up getting one of their guitar picks. I told myself back then that I would not miss out on a concert that I wanted because "you only live once". And that is good...within reason. My big name concerts include 'NSYNC, The Fray, Josh Groban, and Billy Joel. The Fray was kind of boring because I wasn't a huge fan so I try to go to those I really know. But it was cheap. I was also supposed to go see Michael Buble but (ha ha) I kind of broke my femur, dropped out of college and moved home the week before. Add this concert to Thoroughly Modern Millie, the Japanese puppets, and the Draper Temple open house and I have a pretty big January already!


1 comment:
i normally turn down the volume when i go to people's blogs and they have music playing but i listened to a james morrison song and his voice is very fun and delightful. i just let your music keep playing for like 15 minutes! and then it got to a josh groban song, which aaron liked.
Post a Comment