Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Thoughts

One of my favorite talks from General Conference last week was the talk given by Elder Holland. He talks about how Christ descended below all things and how God's power was withdrawn from him so that he could truly suffer all things. I am grateful for the Atonement and my Savior. I know He can do all things and has suffered for my sins so that I can become perfected in Him. This Easter I am grateful that Christ suffered in Gethsemane, and died on the cross but even more grateful that He was resurrected the third day and that He lives! Christ has made it possible for me to have power over death and sin. I am very thankful this Easter. Here is a clip from the talk. (I hope).


Another source that has helped me understand the Atonement is the book "Believing Christ" by Stephen E. Robinson. I had him as a New Testament teacher and it has really helped personalize the Atonement for me.

1 comment:

Maris said...

Amen! That was one of my favorite talks too!
p.s. I am glad you enjoyed Bro. Robinson too.