Random song from 500 Days of Summer, but the lyrics express my sentiments right now. I have been out of school and unemployed for basically three months now. The bank account is getting low and I am this close to going to donate plasma. I NEED a job. Job searching stinks. I hate entering things in five million times. I hate the questionnaires, (do they really read those things?) I hate not ever hearing back from anyone. I hate staring at the computer screen. I hate imagining what said job would be like and thinking, "I have a college degree, that should count for something, right?" NOPE. And then realizing that my degree and what I studied is not really worth a whole lot. Basically, it's frustrating.
But I'm trying to have faith-and also exercise dilligence. I've never had to wait too long for things to work out. Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to succeed, so He will help me get where I need to be. That said, I'm applying for a job at the county health department for the third time. This time I REALLY am qualified for the position. They better interview me or I will bust all upons. And Please Let Me Get What I Want!
Now an inspirational photo I took during my trip to California at Bolsa Chica beach.
2 comments:
Come do your MPH at Rochester.
MPH @ U of M!
"donating" (wink!) plasma isn't that bad really..although i heard the place on Center Street closed, so I bet the one i went to (Talecris) is super-packed these days.
Also, maybe you could use people to get a job quicker? (e.g. we know someone who graduated in public health with us who works at the health dept) No shame in using people. It's the only way to get ahead sadly.
Anywho...enough unsolicited advice. I'm sorry for your employment dilemma meagan...i'm sorry for suggesting public health as a major, back in the day. i feel at fault here. mia culpa.
Post a Comment