30 Rock-Tina Fey is a comedic genius. I love the way they work in pop culture references into the dialogue. Some of it is very witty and sarcastic. The characters on the show can get very crazy, but sometimes I laugh out loud. And who knew that Alec Baldwin was so funny? I love the way he and Tina Fey act together. The show is not afraid to use stereotypes. Tina's character of Liz Lemon is great. The way she fantisizes about marrying "Astronaut Mike Dexter," her favorite day being sandwich day, or how her mom almost married Buzz Aldrin. My other favorite character is Kenneth the page because he is so innocent but always gets into trouble. He is part of Tracy Jordan's entourage with Grizz and Dot Com. (Great name for an entourage member, Dot Com.) Some episodes are not as great as others, but are still really entertaining. And did I mention that I love Tina Fey?
The Office-I've got to admit that this season has not been as good as previous seasons. Could it be that we aren't rooting for Jim and Pam anymore? I still like it, but some episodes have not even been funny at all. I do enjoy the storyline of Andy and Erin trying to date each other. It's so awkward it's painful to watch. Probably the other funny moment was "Megadesk." Where Dwight used all four desks while Pam and Jim were on maternity leave and built one huge one. I just hope they quit while they are ahead and don't pound the show to death.
Big Bang Theory-Four scientist friends and their neighbor girl. Sheldon is very eccentric and they are all very nerdy. Comics, video games, dressing up, they do it all. There are some great lines on this show. My personal favorite comes from Sheldon. "I'm not crazy! My mother had me tested!" Sometimes he is too smart for his own good but it's usually well meant.Sheldon likes things the way he likes them so he annoys a lot of people. Sometimes the show gets a little dirty so you have to be a little careful.
and last but not least
Modern Family-This is the newest find but probably the best show to watch out there. I love this show! Jay is the grandfather and he has two children, Claire and Mitchell. Claire is married to Phil Dunphy and they have three kids. Mitchell is gay and has a partner, Cameron, and they've adopted a little girl, Lily, from Vietnam. Jay himself is remarried to a young Columbian woman named Gloria and she has a son Manny. They all live near each other and do family things. This show is simply hilarious. I thought I wouldn't like the gay couple but they aren't gross or weird about it. They are the funny gay type that like nice decorations and drinking wine. And their little baby is so cute. She's a very well behaved baby to be in a TV show. Phil is hilarious and says things that are wrong but he doesn't know he's saying them wrong. In fact the whole family says and does things at some point, screw up, but in the end they really love each other and it's very heartwarming. I will now share some of my favorite lines from the show that I can remember.
The family goes to Hawaii on vacation, Mitchell and Cameron lose Lilly in a banana plantation. They are running around looking for her-"Why you did dress her in jungle print?!"-Mitchell "Because I thought it would be cute!"-Cameron "She's going to think she's back in Vietnam!"-Mitchell
"I'm sort of like Costco. I'm big, I'm not fancy and I dare you not to like me."-Cameron
Cameron talking about a snotty friend that went to the school Columbia and her friend that went to Brown. "I wish she would just take her little Brown friend and go back to Columbia." Gloria accidentally overheard this...
"My insides feel like velvet."-Phil after a dose of morphine before his surgery.
Better yet go to this website to see all the quotes.I just might buy this show on DVD when it comes out. I highly reccommend it.
And let me know if you have any reccommendations for me. I have a lot of time on my hands right now.





1 comment:
I'm only familiar with Glee, 30 Rock and the Office.
But I CONCUR on your Glee comments.... NO ONE can compare to Steve Perry. People that say that the glee version is better are not familiar with the actual original music or they can't appreciate musical quality. The end.
Post a Comment