Friday, June 18, 2010

I would like to go to there

OMG. It officially opened today. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Yes I am 23. But I started reading Harry Potter in 7th grade before it was the cool thing to do. So that makes it about 12ish years waiting. I thought I wanted to go earlier, but now I really have to go. Stat.

I went to the website and looked around at the virtual tour they have. There is a roller coaster called the dragon challenge, where you ride a Chinese Fireball or Hungarian Horntail, and somehow they intertwine and people ride them at the same time. Then you learn how to ride a Hippogriff near Hagrid's hut. (another ride). Then you can explore Hogsmeade and go to Zonko's (joke shop), Honeydukes (sweet shopt), Dervish and Banges (Quidditch needs), The Three Broomsticks (food), Ollivander's (wand shop), and the Owlery (post office). They also have a ride called "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" which I'm not sure what happens but I think somehow characters appear  from the movie and you go through Hogwarts in all the rooms. They also have the Hogwarts Express, which I'm guessing serves the same function as the monorail at Disneyworld.

So apart from three rides, there isn't a ton to do. But you do get to feel like you are in the world of Harry Potter and explore Hogsmeade and Hogwarts. And you can buy all the Harry Potter paraphernalia you want. At first I thought all I'd need was a Gryffindor scarf, but then I'd need a wand (which they help you get a la Harry  Potter style, "the wand chooses the wizard, Harry"), and then I'd probably want some butterbeer/other wizard sweets, a quidditch robe, and maybe a Harry Potter t-shirt so basically I need to save up my money to spend there let alone get there.

Now to convince my mom she needs to go back to Disney World so I can conveniently swing by Harry Potter World...hmmm. Either that or organize a cross country road trip. Who's with me?

3 comments:

Jenn said...

i saw this video on cnn.com today and immediately thought of you!
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/18/harry.potter.radcliffe/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Monica said...

i will go. let me save some dinero.

Unknown said...

Me too!! Oh my goodness so glad to check your blog today. I am all for roller coasters!