2. It snowed this week in WA. I guess UT has a blizzard advisory (side note-didn't really happen). I have a love hate relationship with snow. I hate that it makes it dangerous to travel right when my sister is trying to come home for Thanksgiving. I hate that it's negative a million degrees outside. I hate biffing it on the sidewalk. I love how it looks, everything is so pretty. I love that my work closed for the rest of the week because everyone is scared to drive on the snow. I love sledding, getting really cold, and then getting hot cocoa. But I only love that for so long and then I'm done with it. I'm totally a summer girl. The minute it gets sunny I eagerly await the days where it's warm enough to go out without a coat. And I hold on to summer as long as I can. Last week I noticed that my neighbor still had roses blooming. Something I equate with spring and summer. But my ultimate rule is that snow is not wanted before Thanksgiving or after New Years.
I find Richland really funny after living in Provo for five years. When it snows it's not like Utah where they can deal with the snow by plowing it, salting the roads and school not getting cancelled. Here, everyone freaks out. No one knows how to drive on it. My city owns one snowplow which means all the roads are bad. School gets cancelled because the roads aren't getting plowed. Businesses shut down. People shut themselves inside. But we still brave the elements and crappy roads to go sledding on Carmichael Hill. This snow is giving me a workout though. Between shoveling the driveway and sidewalk and walking up the hill sledding I am using muscles. Yay.
3. JILLIAN is coming home for Thanksgiving. Hopefully. If not, see number 2.
4. I saw Sara Bareilles last Saturday night. It was a blast! I went with Nichole and Erica, two girls I grew up with, and Erica's little sister, Claire, and her friend, Angela. We did a little shopping, ate at Beneditos Pizza (thanks to Becca for reccommending it), and saw her concert. We got to the venue just in time for the opening act. Again I had the problem of not being able to see because I am short but there was a little girl there with her mom and I stood behind her. Sara is so good live. She has a great voice, a lot of energy and her songs are so much fun to listen to. She has her own shiny blue baby grand piano and also played the guitar and some kind of box organ thinger. A lot of her music can be taken as "girl power" songs because they are about how boys are dumb or how she or girls in general let them have control or girls change themselves for them. But there are also songs about love and relationships and love that didn't work out. Sara was really nice and cute, she was really good about talking to the audience which always makes things more fun for the crowd. She played about half and half from both her albums. She did play my faves "Uncharted" and "King of Anything." For her finale she sang "many the miles" and danced on top of her piano. We all had a good trip, and we realized that Spokane was really not that far away and that we should go more. Thankfully the snow waited until Sunday night to come.
Nichole, Erica and me at the concert
Sara Bareilles singing
singing on top of her piano
No comments:
Post a Comment