-I have trouble eating yogurt that tries to pass itself off as dessert, it's so suspicious. You can call yourself "Boston Cream Pie" but you are still yogurt. It should be healthy like peach or banana, then I can be at peace eating it.
-My friends are one of the most important things in my life. I think I try pretty hard to keep up with their lives and keep those connections strong even though I may live far away. Also, I am fiercely loyal. Once you are my friend I will stay your friend no matter what and defend you against whatever opposition comes along. Seriously.
-I think I have a pretty good sense of humor, but sometimes I think of things in my head that would be funny only to me and I can't share it. And then I have a good laugh with myself over how clever or funny I am.
-If I could go to any concert of any band current or former, alive or dead, it would probably be Journey with Steve Perry as the frontman. Somwhere in the top ten would be the reunited NSYNC.
-I like to dance. People sometimes mistake me for a good dancer. This is just because I have very low inhibitions and just go for it. Mostly I try to do things I've seen on America's Best Dance Crew.
-I used to be super shy. I still am a little. I was all through high school and I didn't talk much in class or have a ton of friends. I got better going to college where I was painfullly lonesome with every other freshman until we all realized we all felt alone and then decided to become friends. I met an awesome group of girls that helped me become the way I am today. I further increased my ability to make friends by living with a brand new round of girls where I was myself and not the former group. I still tend to clam up around boys but that is a whole other can of worms.
-Recently I have had the embarassing problem of people hearing something I say and going, "I'm putting that on Facebook." Nothing I say should ever be put on Facebook, or taken seriously. I sometimes say things purely for the entertainment factor. Really. Ask me how many times I've told the broken femur story.
-I like to think of myself as a conesiur of music. I like a lot of different artists and styles. I also hate the radio and cannot handle when commercials come on. So I iPod it up most of the time. I enjoy artists who prove themselves as musicians and those who have unique voices. I tend to look down upon people who only listen to the top 40 on the radio. (Not that I am a hugely underground music follower...). Also it is a huge compliment me when people tell me they go to my blog to listen to the music player. That's why it's still there.
-I have a small fear of dogs. When I was little I used to give dogs kisses. Then I had a friend where her big dog would jump up on me and I didn't like it. I think that is where this fear came from. I am trying to do better. I like Nichole's dog Mollie and I am trying to become friends with Jennie and Nikita's dog Katy Perry.
-I have a large fear of fish. Their blank stare, the ugly color of the scales, and the smell. Shiver. I had a hard time watching the movie Big Fish, because, yes, there is a big catfish in that movie.
-I cannot ever give an accurate description of how tall a person is. I claim to be 5'2" so everyone I know is taller than me. Even 5'6" is tall to me. So don't ask.
-I would like to become really good at taking pictures. So good that one day people pay me to take their pictures. I think that would be a fun job.
-I pick all the string things off a banana before I eat it. And break off both pointy ends. I think it started because I was grossed out, but now it's just habit.
-I eat in groups. Meaning I eat most or all of one food before moving on to another. I am so ingrained in this habit that I don't even notice. It's weird, I know.
-One of my life goals is to do a handstand. Still working on this one.
-I consider myself blessed to grow up in a generation that got to watch disney movies like Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Mulan, Tarzan, and Toy Story. Not the crap they put out these days.
-I am not offended easily. It will take a lot to do that. Also I am very mellow and easygoing. I don't get caught up in things or dwell on things. I consider myself very chill.
-I like to watch movies made for 10-13 year-old girls (because I still am one?). Titles like "Kit Kitteridge," "Angus, Thongs, And Full Frontal Snogging," and "Flipped" are quality movies and I still get much enjoyment out of them. Kit and Flipped almost made me cry.
-I think round waffles taste better than the square ones.
-Once I got stuck about 4 feet off the ground in Kira's (my neighbor) sycamore tree. Her brother, Paul, had to come get me down.
-I think Tina Fey is a comedic genius.
-I stay up late to fritter time away on the internets way too easily.
Had enough?
8 comments:
Don't worry, Kit and Angus are some of my favorite movies!
I loved this post, i love reading about people's lives. And i learned some things about you.
Ok & guess what-- you have 23 google-reader subscribers. (I just checked). So I would guess at least 30 people read your blog- way more than just me, mon, & maris.
Anyway, have you seen the 'red velvet cake' yogurt? It's so disgusting- i tried it once. Didn't qualify as dessert in my mind.
Meagan--for a music option, you should check out "Belle & Sebastian" if you haven't already. *love* them and their new album "write about love."
And I think you are by far one of the most interesting people I know. Danny agrees!
i want to be tina fey when i grow up. :)
I agree with Jenn--I learned some things too! Although I did know most of it... I was surprised at first when you said you were shy. (Cuz you aren't shy around us.) And then I remembered our ward prayer goals and adventures... hahaha
Nice Musings, Megio.
Nice to know I'm not the only Carr afraid of fish :)
I must be your sister. I knew everything you wrote before reading it. Just thought I'd say you're known better than you think. We all love Meggio!
Post a Comment