Monday, February 14, 2011

i believe in lookin' like my time on earth is cookin'

Just listening to the Aida soundtrack and belting out along with Heather Headley. She's just great. Although I do a good Adam Pascal too. Listening to Aida reminds me of Jenn Jenn, she introduced me to the musical, and we've seen it twice together. It has great musica, Tim Rice and Elton John, of course. One of my favorites is I Know the Truth, it didn't use to be, but one time a girl sang it and had so much hurt and sorrow in her voice, really portrayed it, that I really felt for her. Another time a girl botched it and the best she could do was sob through the song. Really annoying.

Speaking of music, I'm kind of glad Justin Bieber didn't win best artist of the year, I mean, I know he's the newest Justin Timberlake/Jonas Brother but I really don't get into him. Arcade Fire did win best album of the year, and I know who they are and have some of their songs, so I felt cool because not everyone does.

I did get tix to the Adele concert in Portland, OR, on June 3rd, going with my friend Marlena. I'm super excited, but that's a long way away. Marlena likes to call me "crackhead" because I'm so all over the place sometimes, but I know she means it in a loving way.

I had a pretty good birthday. What I love the best about birthday's is getting messages, cards, fb greetings etc from all my friends. It's nice to be remembered. Also, we got Dave to do the splits for the night's entertainment and it was magical. He is a dream maker. For my birthday I went shopping and got this saucy new swimsuit, which is kind of a downer since it's only February, but my friend Nichole has a hot tub, so I might get to use it before summer. My friend Erica's birthday is two days after mine, so we kind of made it birthday week. Monday we went with like 20 of us to Red Robin, Tuesday was cake and games at my house, Wednesday was Waffle Wednesday, Thursday was movie night, and Friday we played games again. It was almost tiring. I didn't get to go ice skating, but I did get plenty of partying in. No dance party though, which I was kind of sad about.


I heard this joke on SNL and thought it was hilarious. They were talking about the protesting in Egypt and CNN's Anderson Cooper was covering the event. He was in the crowd and got pushed around/beat up a bit. They showed a picture of him and the guy said how good he looked for getting beat up, which proves, "You can't beat the handsome off Anderson Cooper." Ha ha! So true

I love sweatpants, I probably wear them too much. Also, I need a good book to read. How was your Valentine's Day? I got 20 bucks from my parentals and then made myself a romantic meal of mac n cheese while they went to a fancy dinner.

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: