I've discovered something lately. I am valuable in my job for two reasons. 1. I can follow directions. 2. I can actually complete my task. What I do isn't that important in the grand scheme of things, but I figured out several things in a new task I'm doing, and it was news to the person who is teaching me said task. And they've been doing it for several years.
Also, the other day I overheard two coworkers discussing the greater than/less than symbols (> and <); being confused as to which one was which. "Wait, the alligator eats the bigger number?" And I work in a MEDICAL CLINIC. Seriously?!
So because I can understand and follow directions I have some weird kind of job security.
1 comment:
I have had similar experiences that make me similarly scared for our future. It helps to remind myself that plenty of the 'regular folks' in past generations were probably just as ignorant as people today. It has always been nothing less than a miracle that our species survives.
Post a Comment