My friend, William, recently told me I was an Olympic junkie. That I am. And I have no shame. The 2012 Summer Olympics start tomorrow with the opening ceremony which is always a good time although it probably won't be as good as last time's (thanks China). So get ready, for some reason I tend to blog about the Olympic events that I get to watch so if you don't care then don't read my blog for a few weeks. However, because my Olympic viewing is limited to what they show on NBC, (no cable or smart phone-although I read that all events are going to be broadcast this year-I could see table tennis!), so they limit that to swimming, gymnastics and track and field. Also, I'm afraid that because of the 8 hour time difference from London and with all the internet and social media that I'll find out results before they show on TV. That makes is way less exciting. So I will try to stay away from that, it works ok. And I'm going to be in UT for one of the weekends so I'll probably miss some Olympics then too. Boo. It only comes once every 2 years so let's party!
Why I love the Olympics:
-Bob Costas
-pagentry
-national pride
-global unity
-underdogs
-hot shots
-commercials
-spectacle
-controversy
-athletic skill and precision
and many, many more. Also, I've started to cry at certain Olympic things. I get really into it.

1 comment:
I think it runs in the family. I have been accused of the same thing. Also, spectacular list. I was thinking that Bob would be the top of my list and I scroll down and there it is! I love the Olympics!
Post a Comment