this schedule is killing me, they show stuff till the wee hours of the night, how am I supposed to keep a job?
-A word on results: I know that I am nine hours behind London and I could look all the results up online and know them already. But I care more about actually watching the sport and enjoying it rather than seeing who won. If you know everything before it happens then why watch it? It takes all the fun out of it.
-men's volleyball against Serbia? I hope they won, (they did) weren't looking as solid as the women
-two man rowing, team GB had a good showing
-men's beach volleyball, Dauhauser and the other guy are amazing, Phil's 6'9" frame helps a lot but he is good.
-US woman Kimberly Rhode got gold in skeet shooting. Yeah, girl.
-american duo got silver in women's sychronized diving, which looks so hard in my opinion. not only to have a good dive but do it exactly the same as someone else at the same time, gheez. Of course China won.
-swimming finals in a few events. Dana Volmer got gold and set a world record in the 100 m butterfly. Brendan Hansen got bronze in the 100 m breaststroke.
-Men's 4x100 relay, USA was the returning gold medalist after the dramatic showdown in 2008 where Phelps almost lost his chance for 8 golds. They had a good showing and were leading on the third leg, Cullen Jones was in the lead. Ryan Lochte had a good first 50 meters but the last French leg came back to overtake him and get revenge for his team from 2008.
-women's gymnastics. I love all the scrunchies, barettes and glitter! the USA team is very strong this year and could take advantage that some normally strong teams aren't this year because of injury. I get so anxious when I watch the vault and balance beam. I just don't want them to get hurt or fall off. And of course I want them to do well. It's so interesting, these girls are so solid and tough, they do ridiculous things with their bodies. And then they get interviewed by Ryan Seacrest and are super giggly teenagers that want to meet all the other famous Olympians. Such a contrast. Like I said, very strong team this year. So much so that they had three members that could have made it to the All-Around, but each country can only have two qualify. It was a major heartbreak for Jordyn Wieber because she is the reigning world champ, but her teammates Gabby Douglas, and Alexandra Wiesman ended up scoring better than her. It stinks; on one hand, yeah, it's your fault you messed up or stepped out of bounds, etc. On the other, you may have a higher score than 20 other girls there, but because you didn't score higher than your teammate, you don't get to compete. Jordyn was so disappointed and crying, and they kept showing her on camera while they were interviewing her teammates!! Seriously! Let her go cry somewhere while she gets over her serious disappointment and not be in background. I felt so bad for her. But Team USA looks very good and I hope they win gold Tuesday night!



No comments:
Post a Comment