There are a few things in life that you don't really learn until you have made the mistake of doing it yourself. Maybe some people are smarter than me, but sometimes I have to experience it to figure out that it probably wasn't a good idea.
Example 1: Don't wash your clothes with fabric softener. It will make them feel greasy. I (having not grown up using fabric softener) assumed it was similar to regular detergent and used it to do a load of laundry. What I learned: fabric softener is not the same as detergent.
Example 2: When you are carrying six text books, two cook books, one recipe box and one large oddly shaped book on skyscrapers for three blocks it is ok to let people help you. I told probably seven different people, five of them boys, that I could do it by myself. My arms were on fire by the time I got back to my apartment. I thought it wouldn't be too bad, but it was. I probably would've looked less gay carrying that big stack if I had not tried to do it all at once. What I learned: let boys help you.
Example 3: Another laundry lesson. When you wash your towels for the first time, (like when they are brand new) don't wash them with anyting else. The little fuzzies are still on the towel from when they were made. These fuzzies will wash off the towel and land on everything else in the load making lint rollers become absolutely necessary. This is very, very annoying. What I learned: be careful what you wash and how you wash it. Especially the first time.
Example 4: Don't leave raw meat under your bed for two weeks. It will start to smell. A lot. And it will make the whole house smell bad. I accidentally had meat in a bag I stuck underneath my bed with some other stuff and it ended up staying there for about two weeks. Disgusting. What I learned: Proper storage and containment of meat is necessary.
I will probably never do these things again having done them already so learn from my example and don't try what I did.
1 comment:
HAHA...i can't believe you washed your clothes in fabric softener. That reminds me of using dish soap in place of dishwasher detergent...just not the same with bad results.
And i'll never forget the way that meat smelled something awful...further cementing my lack of desire to eat meat.
Post a Comment