Sunday, September 14, 2008

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon-Mormon style

Today was a day of meeting a lot of people and then finding out I had a random connection with them. Not always the "hey I think I had a class with you once."
#1 This girl in my ward, Millie, looks really familiar to me and I look really familiar to her. We went through a whole list of things like where we are from and what classes we have and haven't come up with any reason why we should know each other. The only thing we can think of is that I had Stats 221 the hour after she did with the same teacher. That's it.

#2 Another girl in my ward, Liz, recognized me from MFHD 210 when I took it winter semester 2007. She said she sat behind me and I sat by a blond girl who got engaged. That was Jenna. Weird. I don't recognize her because she sat behind me.

#3 Two girls in my ward, Lisa and Megan, are both from New Hampshire. I asked them if they knew any Carrs and they said they knew Ike and Abby. I told them that they were my cousins. They asked me what side I was related to them on and I told them that their dad and my dad are brothers. They also know a girl from my freshman ward, Gabe Sargeant, she is from the same stake as my cousins.

#4 I went to a girl in my ward's birthday party and she had some people from her freshman ward there. I heard a guy talking about how he was in a Japanese class. I asked him if he served a mission there and he said he served in the Nagoya mission. He ended up going there after Stephen was there but he did know Michael Durney from my freshman ward who also went to Nagoya. I asked which towns he served in and although I don't think he served in any same towns he did serve in neighboring towns as Stephen. He also had President Stevenson as his president for six months like Stephen did. Fun huh?

#5 I told you it gets crazy. A guy in my ward, Keith, and I are pretty sure our dads went to high school together. I asked Keith where he was from and he said Syracuse, New York. I told him that my dad grew up there. He said his dad did too. We found out that they went to the same high school, Henager High, and that they both wrestled. They are about the same age. I called dad to ask him but dad said the name didn't sound familiar to anyone that he knew in high school. But that there was a family he knew when he was twelve that had the same last name. I'll see if Keith can find out anything from his dad. I'm pretty sure they were around each other at one point in their lives. Dad said the family was a little weird. I said his son was a little weird.

I found all of this out today. It was pretty crazy. Six degrees of Kevin Bacon, Mormon style.

1 comment:

jenn said...

Wow that is crazy. Especially that girl who sat behind you in MFHD and actually remembered it. she must have been watching you- what a creepster. jota ka!

Tagging means you have to do what I did...it's like, tag you're it. So the post where i wrote 6 random things about me, you have to do it too. And then you go and tag other people and etcetera. it spreads around the entire blogworld. Everyone finds out 6 random things about everyone. FUN!