I needed to use the bathroom so Jillian suggested the Wilk bathroom since that's where we were and I could try out the new hand dryer. It intrigued me so we ventured forth to find out.
First, everything in the bathroom is automatic. And I mean EVERYTHING. When I first went into the stall, this is what I heard.
Whirrr..."Whoops"-Jillian...Whirr (again)..."Dang it!"
"Jillian, what the heck is going on?"
"The toilet paper keeps coming out, it's automatic!" I giggle.
"Agggh" FLUSH"-Jillian
"What did you do now?"-Me
"They have automatic flushers too!"-Jillian
"No WAY."-Me
I do my business. Then try the automatic TP myself.
"What?! It only gives you four squares! That's not enough to be effective." I need more TP.
Whirrr....whirrr...whirrrr....FLUSH (I can handle flushing, I've done that automatic before.)
Then I approached the sink. TWO faucets.
"Which one is the water?!" at this point I am very confused.
"The water and the soap are both automatc."-Jillian
"Wow."-Me
Then comes the automatic hand dryers. These things are machines of the future. I was afraid to put my hands in for fear they would be cut off.
You put your hands in and while you slowly pull them out hurricane force winds blow all the water off. The second blower has hotter air for the last moment your hands pass through. This is a serious feat of engineering.
The door handle has an automatic sanitizer to spray every so often and there is also an automatic hand sanitizer on the wall next to the door. I think almost every concievable thing that can be is automatic in the bathroom. My only thought was what if I wanted to burn those calories by actually rolling my own TP. Is society getting lazy...?
It was quite the experience and I highly recommend it to anyone who needs a little spice in their life. I am still laughing about it. Thank you, Jillian, for taking me.

3 comments:
oh, meagan, i really like you! haha, you make me laugh so hard! also, i love the picture at the top of your blog!
haha... that was quite the enjoyable blog. i must admit that you had me waiting in anticipation for it--i was quite disappointed when you didn't write it on Thursday.
i haven't tried the hand dryers... i think i need to.
i think automatic stuff is built with the intention of conserving resources, but it doesn't work. when it doesn't give you enough... i just take more. or, in the case of the TP, i just yank it out. i do find authomatic stuff quite annoying.
i enjoyed reading that- that sounds like fun, particularly the dryer at the end, like a drive-through car wash!
oh p.s. i forgot you asked how to embed videos on your blog...on youtube there's a link that says 'embed' on the right side and you copy it and paste it onto your blog post, but you have to change it from 'compose' mode to 'edit HTML' mode (when you're typing your blog, the taps on the top right side) there might be an easier way but that's how i got it to work.
Post a Comment