Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Twitterpation

No, this isn't the social networking site. I'm refering to the annual springtime phenomenon that occurs amongst the guys and gals here at BYU. (Bambi and Thumper experience twitterpation when the snow melts and the forest turns to spring. The weather gets warmer and people start hooking up. I just think it's really funny to watch and witness.

For example, Bethany* (*name has been changed) has recently had 2.5 men chasing after her. The .5 is a guy she would like to have chasing her. They have taken her on dates/tried to woo her unaware of any competition. Carol* has had two guys initating "hang outs" and starting to show interest. Where have they been all semester long?...Dorothy* is having great success with a fellow she kind of is "dating" but they will not be in the same state once the semester ends. Trisha* got invited to General Conference this weekend, (don't you love how church meetings are used as dates? ie. CES firesides). Jill* almost had a NCMO but denied the guy three times.



One questions why this happens? I have a few guesses. 1. These boys have had their eye on a certain girl all semester long and finally have enough guts to do something about it. 2. The promise of the semster ending soon means that they don't really have to decide if they want it to be serious or not. 3. They haven't received any action all semster long and now that it's getting warmer they really want it.

Do you have any other theories? How about any personal twitterpations? I'd love to hear. I am really entertained by them.

6 comments:

Julie Ann said...

Oh Meagan! You are so funny! I love it!

kyliebrooke|s said...

bwahahaha, you make me laugh really really hard.

Maris said...

So, I already told you this... but this post was muy hilariouso. Thank you for writing it.
Btw, I like your code names. I feel really cool that not only I am included in your blog but also... i have a code name! yes, i am special.

Maris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maris said...

I would add more theories if I had some... but i don't. Yours have great potential though...

Kim"burly" Sue said...

It's SO TRUE! It happens every spring!! Gotta love BYU. You're funny, Meagan. :)