I admit it. I'm hooked. I'm taking a social dance class this semester and I am loving it! So far I've learned the fox trot and the cha cha. Each week I grow more confident about myself as a dancer because I am getting better at my technique. What makes it fun is that me and my partner actually know the steps and can do more than just rotate in a circle. I've already decided I want to go on to 280 and keep learning more. Having my class at the end of my day is like a stress relief. I get to forget about classes and homework for awhile and focus on something else. Coming up in class I get to learn the waltz and the triple step. Both look like tons of fun.
I've been a dancer for a long time but it was always ballet. In the past couple of years I've tried other forms and discovered that I just simply enjoy dancing. I kind of feel like Richard Gere on "Shall we Dance?" when he's going through his mid-life crisis. Only I have no crisis. Dancing simply makes him happy. And dancing makes me happy.

1 comment:
Me too!!! I am so glad we can share our joy together. I only wish I had discovered this interest earlier.
Post a Comment