Tuesday, June 8, 2010

what am I doing right now?

Oh maybe I am surfing the internets, all the usual sites. And quite possibly having cookies with rainbow m&ms on them for breakfast. I think the m&ms make them more exciting to eat. It's also possible that I should go running today because I finally have my health back again, but I am really good at procrastinating.

I'm also thinking about a lot of stuff. Like how the GLEE season finale is on tonight and wondering if it will be everything I want it to be, and also hoping they don't murder the Journey songs. Josh Groban is making another cameo appearance! And if I'll have a back up show to watch since everything else is on hiatus for the summer.

Thinking how out of the four kids in my family, one is in Israel, one is in Belgium/Germany/Holland/England, one is in New York, and I am in Utah. Then trying to see if it will ever by my turn to go international, preferably while I am young. Also, how I can't call my siblings except brother but he's got a real job/ladyfriend that take up his time.

Making a to do list in my head for today:
go running
get dish soap at the store (I know my roommates will never jump on that)
get Atticus washed and vaccummed, which means drive-through car wash, (which is secretly like a ride at Disneyland for me)
call mom
should probs call other people
work on Life
GLEE party
nickelcade

I'm also getting more and more worried that trying to stay in Provo is not the best option. I have an increasing awareness that I am old and graduated and somewhat unwanted in this scene. I also think I may have major problems come September when all the kids go back to school and I won't be one of them.

When will the scab on my knee that I got from Arches fall off? It's already been ripped off like four times and I look like a 9 year old that fell down trying to rollerblade. I'm worried my knee will be misshapen when it decides to regenerate. Also it's ruining my summer because I can't go swimming because it likes to come off in the water.

When I'm older will I be cool because I can remember when Pluto was a planet and Michael Jackson was alive? Is that in any way comparable to the moon landing and the JFK assassination?

I want to go to the zoo this weekend.

And I am thinking about many friends, where they are, what they are up to, and if they are ok. This means YOU.

Now a random old photo circa 2006. Marissa, Me and Jenn in the back of Monica's van. Good times.


PS. I just found out they have a Dairy Queen locator app for phones that do stuff like that. Ha ha ha, my family would totally be all over that if we were hip and used that kind of technology.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Meagan-- I don't know if it is your blog, or the fact that on Pandora I am currently listening to "Tale as Old as Time" from B&TB and that song makes me slightly emotional..or the combination of both that make me kind of tender-sensitive to your blog post.
I think about you all the time! Ask Danny. I reference you many times in a day. You are a wanted in Provo...but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Maybe you should look into being an adventure-y person and travel? Sometimes changing your scene of gente makes you see things differently....
I don't know. but the picture makes me smile. Man, I miss that van.

Jenn said...

Hi meagan...i have so many things i could comment on...i'll have to limit myself.
1) your bro has a ladyfriend...that is fun. i'm curious to know more, but then again i am a cat.
2) i LOL'd at nickelcade on your list...fantastic
3) Whatever happens, i don't think you should move home...maybe consider SLC? lots of jobs and older people.
4) Wait a second...what the heck! Meagan you are not old. Seriously? I would say maybe when you hit 25 or 26, you can start to consider yourself as too old for the Provo scene...but you've got years left if you were to desire it.
5) misshapen knee what? how does that happen?
6) If i'm one of the many friends you're thinking of, i am very ok. I won't get into what i'm up to. Now the big question is, are you ok?? Your friends think of you too.
7) I enjoy that photo, especially maris.
8) where is marissa lately? I feel like i never see her on the internets.

oopsie-doodle...that was long. i have no limits. peath out.

Aaron said...

I second the SLC idea. UofU has a lot of good public health related jobs. Also maybe if you were post-grad in Provo that would be awckward at times.

You must follow your heart though. Go where you think you will be happiest. BTW when is your east coast trip to visit us and your bro?