Wednesday, November 16, 2011

sometimes i'm 9

Last night I was watching "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and found a line that I had never noticed before. It's during the part where Professor Potts (aka Dick Van Dyke) is following Lord Scrumptious around his candy factory trying to convince him how his invention of a sweet is cool and tasty. Scrumptious is distracted and tasting other samples. Potts is explaining how there are holes in his sweets and that when you blow through them a whistling sound comes out:

Potts-"and by blowing through the holes it makes a sound come out that sounds like a...."
Scrumptious (testing a new flavor)-"Raspberry!"
Potts-"No...more like a toot."

And then they proceed to sing a song about Toot Sweets. I mean, come on. That was quite the set-up. Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Also, I learned that the screenplay was written partly by Roald Dahl. That explains mucho.
PS. The Child Catcher is still scary.

No comments: