Thursday, October 25, 2007

Recent Musings

So I felt like I haven't blogged in awhile but I didn't really have much to blog about. There are a few things that have been on my mind though. Like choosing a *cough* major. I should probably do that. I just have no motivation this semester. People are really helpful though. They like to help me figure out what I should do with my life. When people find out I don't have a major without fail, they try to help me figure out my life right then and there on the spot.

Also in recent news, the love lives of those around me seem to be taking a turn for the worse. It seems like everyone I know is either breaking up, thinking of breaking up, or trying to decide if they can even get together at all. I complain a lot, that I need to get more single friends because I have no one to play with on the weekends. Which is true. But I still don't like to see all my friends so unhappy. I just want everything to work out for everybody. They are much happier when they are happily dating.

I am trying to figure out a solution to my falling asleep in class problem. My goal this week was to go to bed at a good time so that I could have enough rest and stay awake in class. That hasn't worked so far. In order to prevent narcolepsy in class I have different tactics. Chew gum, do the sudoku, eat food, doodle, read the paper, or just try to tough it out. That one doesn't usually work. It might be a little disrespectful, but I think I'd rather stay awake doing something than falling asleep and missing class. It's become a problem to the point that I am missing points on my tests because I was asleep for something and missed.

Oh and there's the usual sleep deprivation Sunday. Only this week I get to be at church even earlier. At 7:30 a.m. instead of 8:00. It's stake conference and I have a "leadership" position?? Ok? This means I get to sit in uncecessary meetings and lose sleep.

Troubling fact-J.K. Rowling has recently come out with the news that her character Dumbledore in Harry Potter is gay. WHY? Why did she decide that this was important? How did it help anyone real or fictional? I will try to block this fact from my mind as much as possible.

Don't get worried, I am still good even though all of these trials are happening to me. Just kidding, they aren't trials. And I am doing fine. I gotta go to sleep though. And Jenn still better be dating Aaron when she comes back or I will slap her face.

Peace, Love, and Harry Potter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll slap Jenn's face too! Be nice to our sweet little plant boy!