Friday, January 30, 2009

Domestic Goddess?

Well I did it. I cooked like Monica. I made a chicken pot pie about two weeks ago. It wasn't all the way homemade (frozen pie crusts, but Monica can't yell at me because she's in Guatemala) but it was pretty tasty. I looked up a recipe that I thought looked good and followed the comments to tweak it a little. It was a long process. I always have doubts when I am cooking because it never looks like what I think it should look like but it turns out in the end. For example, I got overzealous waiting for the sauce to thicken so I added more flour and it turned out like gravy. I am proud of myself, and it made dinner for like 6 meals. Awesome.

My sweet chicken pot pie.

My pie and my classy apron with my name on it.

2 comments:

Maris said...

yeah, and I enjoyed it too!

jenn said...

delish-- i wholeheartedly approve of frozen crusts. I may try that recipe sometime soon...