The next day I was awaken by cannon fire. Yep, it's true. Then I went out to watch the parade, and had a pretty good view. I didn't even camp out. I chilled some more, went swimming, did another BBQ where we played croquet, and then went to watch fireworks. Fireworks were a lot of fun but kind of lacking. Afterward, we had a ward bonding massage session and then I sat in traffic for awhile waiting to get home. Melanie kindly came with me and we rocked out to Beyonce and Hannah Montana (I cannot get enough of Beyonce's "Halo"). I also celebrated by watching the movie 1776 about the Declaration of Independence. It's rather corny but it does have a young Mr. Pheney from Boy Meets World portraying John Adams. I felt rather patriotic. After all of this, I still have 5 boxes of sparklers and one entire cake to use up.
I love the 4th of July! It's the middle of summer, BBQs are awesome, you can swim, or do anything to celebrate our nation's independence. My favorite part is fireworks. Here is my confession: It has long been my secret desire to watch fireworks with a boy. I think it would be one of the most romantical things ever. It hasn't happened yet but someday. There you have it.
I love being American and having the chance to live in this free country and all of the blessings that come with it. I am proud of the United States' heritage and that we get to celebrate!
Happy 4th!



3 comments:
sounds like you had an awesome weekend!!!! also, i'm SO GLAD that you watched 1776 too!! haha, i love it!
Your holidays are so action packed. And an interpretive dance with a wand--that's my Meagan. That is why I love you. Always putting awesome into anything
I just want to say your layout for your blog right now is awesome. Way to be amazing!!
Post a Comment