Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thoughts of Today

Michael Jackson-May you rest in peace. He had a strange life but was a great entertainer. I wasn't particularly connected to him in any way, but I do appreciate the influence he had on music and the world in general. My favorite Michael Jackson memory is hearing my brother impersonate him and sing along to the song "You are not alone" with all the key changes. And all of the jokes people made about him dangling his son Prince Michael II (Aka Blanket) off a hotel balcony. My favorite songs include: "She's out of my life", "You are not alone", "Beat it", "The way you make me feel" and what would Halloween be without "Thriller"? I'm looking forward to the biographical movie or Lifetime original movie that is sure to come soon.

Social Security Number-Did you know that it is possible to predict your SSN? These guys developed software to predict it using your date and place of birth. It's pretty accurate. My SSN starts with a zero because I was born in Connecticut but I didn't get mine until I was three so it shouldn't be too predictable. As you go west across the US the first number increases. In Washington, all the kids I knew that were born there, their number's started with six. Cool huh?

Summer-I love it. I love being able to be outside until late because it's so warm. I love that I had FHE in the park and ran around in the grass barefoot. I love that it stays light outside until after eight o'clock. I love the produce that comes in season. I love having no school and not having to worry about doing homework. I love smaller wards, summer dresses and sandals. I love the sunshine on my shoulders and swimming. Summer is pretty much amazing!

Girls in my ward-Some girl, who is either mad at someone for not asking them out or mad at boys in general for not asking them out, decided to post flyers on all the guys door's in my ward. They included a quote from Elder Oak's famous talk about dating and told the guys they need to stop being boys and start being MEN by asking girls out on dates. There were two other quotes along the same line. I found out about this yesterday and I was embarassed for the girl and sorry for the guys. It kind of upset them. There are a lot of guys in my ward that have a lot to offer and any girl would be lucky to date them. If this note thing ruins things for anyone I will be upset. This girl needs to chill out, it's not all about dating (although we're told all the time that it is...).

Family-Dad, Stephen and Jillian are coming to visit in a few weeks on the way to take Stephen to school in New York. I am so excited.

The End.

PS. There is a young Australian guy who works where I work. I love his accent.

No comments: