My aunt found this picture in a BYU Alumni magazine a few months after he passed away. We had no idea this picture existed so my family was pretty surprised to find out about it. It is on the steps of the Provo Library when my grandpa belonged to the press club at BYU. (He's the little guy in front).
"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."-Albus Dumbledore
Friday, July 17, 2009
My Grandpa
My grandpa's name is Francis William Foster. He lived from 1913-2007 and died at the age of 94. He was pretty quiet when I knew him but I remember he liked black licorice, Victor Borgia, and doing crossword puzzles. He was probably one of the most intelligent people I've ever met; he even knew how to read Latin. Grandpa was short because his mother was given drugs either when she was pregnant or giving birth that stunted his growth. He was born in Vernal, UT and attended BYU, graduating valedictorian of his class of 1935. During his college days he climbed a tower where a bell was hanging and carved his initials in it. That bell is now known as the victory bell and hangs in front of the Marriott Center. Grandpa was also the first person to take pictures inside of Timpanogos Caves. He worked at Hill Air Force Base for many years. When he and my grandma met it was on an actual blind date. They each had friends that were blind that were set up so my grandparents assisted them on the date and that's how they met each other. On their honeymoon he tried to save my grandma from a spider, jumped on the bed and ended up getting folded up into the wall! He always liked his peanut butter spread to the edges of the bread for his sandwiches; because of him I make them this way too. I remember going mini golfing and Grandpa offering a quarter to whomever got a hole in one. He always had quarters. Grandpa loved his children and grandchildren a lot. I hope I can live as long and as good of life as my grandpa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love stories about people! Thanks for sharing, Meagan!
I loved loved loved this post!
That's so cute. I love that Meagan
Post a Comment