"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."-Albus Dumbledore
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Washington Girl
I am a true Washingtonian. Besides all the rain the state is also known for great agriculture. Apples, cherries, alfalfa, wheat, asparagus and probably more. Living so close to great food has affected my tastes. I am kind of a snob about apples. (PS. they stink in UT). And I am craving Rainier cherries. Last year my sister brought a huge bag home from work from a lady who lived on an orchard. It was like three pounds for free. I haven't seen any in the stores yet. Just the Bing variety-named for Bing Crosby, because he is from Spokane WA. Maybe a farmer's market will have them. Rainer cherries will be the perfect compliment to summertime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Costco - has lots of those (last time I went)
Post a Comment