Saturday, February 13, 2010

They have creepy short Mexicans there too

I went country dancing with my roommate Audrey the other night. Mostly because I didn't have anything to do and I needed to escape the couples on my couches. I had never been before and didn't know anything I was doing but it was kinda fun. The funny thing was the only Mexican in the entire place managed to find me. I have experience because they all go to the salsa club (which I've been to twice) to hit on girls. But at least there are other Mexican girls there too. The guys are really touchy feely and like to dance uncomfortably close. And they are short. Which is an odd experience dancing with someone who you are taller than. The Mexican I danced with the other night kept dipping me and I kept freaking out-" 'scuse me but I don't trust you to not drop me." Yeah, so Mexicans like to country dance too.
Some salsa action a few years ago

1 comment:

jenn said...

WHERE HAVE I BEEN??? I can't keep up with your prolific blogging....anyways i love that photo so much. i'm remembering how awkwardly uncomfortable that salsa dancing could be sometimes. ouch.