Kim and Me
The movie was good. I wasn't as happy with it as I was after the 5th one. I have read the books a ton so it's hard for me not to compare them and be upset about what they left out. The movie on the whole felt really rushed to me, even though it was 2 1/2 hours! Altogether, it wasn't my favorite, but the did do a really good job.
Things I did not enjoy: Ginny hitting on Harry a lot, not seeing all the memories in the Pensive, not showing Snape teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts, they showed too much of what Malfoy was up to (in the book Harry doesn't really know), the death eater's attack on the Weasley's house at Christmas (not in the book), the way they showed Harry watching the death of Dumbledore, and not having a huge battle in Hogwarts/Snape running away without much of a fight.
TC Crew
Things I did enjoy: The Weasley Wizarding Wheezes, Luna Lovegood, Draco Malfoy, the young Tom Riddle (did you know that he is the nephew of Ralph Finnes, the guy who plays Voldemort?), when Ron eats the chocolates laced with love potion, when Harry drinks the Felix Felicis (hilarious), when Ron is poisoned and then says "Hermione" when he is unconscious, the quidditch game, the attack on Malfoy, and the wand tribute to Dumbledore after his death (also not in the book).
I also enjoy how they keep the same background characters because people like me will notice if they are not there. For example, Neville Longbottom. No lines really in the 6th movie, but he was still there. During the movie I was getting kind of drowzy towards the end. When the Inferi attacked Harry everyone in the theater screamed, which woke me up and made me scream. I missed a few things toward the end. So I'm planning on going again, but when I'm more awake.
What did you think of HP 6?


2 comments:
The amount that I agree with you is ridiculous. However, I did like the Ginny and Harry bits specifically for their awkwardness. I love awkward love mess. The wand tribute at the end was pretty dang awesome, but the whole end was a mess. I, like you, have read the books far too many times and there is no way that Harry would have stayed hidden after seeing Draco threatening Dumbledore without being stunned. He freaking chased after Bellatrix Lestrange on his own! Ok, I'm breathing better now.
hi. i was cool and watching it! :D of course! and i loved it! yes, different than the book, but i separate them in my brain and then i'm happy.
Post a Comment