Monday, August 31, 2009

Last First Day of School

Today was my last first day of school. How do I feel about that? Kind of sad, no more classes and learning and being around people my age. Kind of excited because that means no more homework and I get to earn money and hopefully contribute to society. Here are few of my thoughts about today.

1. I LOVE seeing people on campus. It's been months or longer since I've seen some of these people and it's so exciting to see them.

2. People really need to walk faster, you can't just mosey along. I have somewhere to be and you and your cute little girlfriend are holding up traffic. Also, use the proper door and side of the sidewalk. Even if there is no one coming out the out-door, don't use it. You just cause problems thinking you are cool by going in the out-door.

3. Saying that you are applying to a major is not as legit as actually being in that major. So saying that you are a "pre-communications" major is not actually a major. Sorry. Let me know when you get in.

4. The freshman get smaller and younger looking every year. Seriously.

5. In my Shakespeare class everyone had to introduce themselves and say what their favorite book was. I was amused when everyone picked hard core classics like Jane Eyre and 1984. Then it got to the point where people would pick their favorite classic and then not so classic such as a fantasy book. It was like they were trying to impress the teacher by saying they read hard books. When it was my turn I was honest and said that I like to read Harry Potter. I'm not ashamed to admit it. That got a laugh.

6. I ALWAYS see someone I know in the textbook floor of the bookstore. Always. Although this year they didn't have free candy. Or notebooks. I blame the economy. I hope this doesn't affect the free BBQs they always do.

7. I might actually stay awake in my drugs and behavior class. This is a first for me.

I think I really will miss BYU...

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Dogg! Tell me about drogas when you learn cool things. And YOU are the one that is ridiculous. Rawr.

Maris said...

3 things:
1. I am so glad you are taking Shakespeare.
2. They are giving away free notebooks on the textbook floor, I got one yesterday and today. Go get one. Free hot dogs thursday. Free magnets today... i mean yesterday.
3. Meagan stay awake??? I am in awe.