Day 7
Bode Miller wins another medal, silver, in the Super G. Andrew Weibrecht of the USA, got bronze.
Amy Williams of Great Britian won the first individual gold medal for the country in Skeleton.
Day 8
Shani Davis got a silver medal in the 1,500 meter race in long track speed skating, he holds the world record but this kid from the Netherlands ended up having a faster time.
Simon Aman from Switzerland won ski jumping again. His second gold of this olympics and fourth of his career. He was like five feet ahead of everyone else. When he competed in 2002 he was 20 years old and looked like Harry Potter. He still does.
Lindsey Vonn won bronze in the Super G. She stil has two more races in the Alpine events.
Three Americans qualified for the women's freestyle, they haven't qualified for the finals since 1998.
Lacey Schoor
I did see the Canadian bobsled flip over, the guys fall out and they slid along the track. It was horrifying to watch. They interviewed the team afterward, they were ok, but seemed a little shaken up.
One race I did see was Apolo Ohno's 1,000 meter short track final. Jillian and I happened to be at McDonald's getting milkshakes and saw they were on the tv there. We ended up staying for an hour. It was funny because we were screaming and yelling in the middle of the restaurant. People looked at us weird. The race was really good, Apolo was in the middle of the pack and about ready to make his move but then he bobbled on his skate and lost all his speed. He ended up catching up to win bronze which is quite amazing. The only thing was that the Koreans once again dominated and took first and second. The medal helped him become the most winningest winter olympian. Passing Bonnie Blair with seven medals total. Cool.
Day 9
Ted Ligety the 2006 gold medalist in the super combined moved from 15th to 5th which is quite a jump.
Bode Miller finally won his gold medal!!! He was 7th after the downhill competition but came back with a wicked awesome slalom run. He's pretty much redeemed himself from the 2006 Olympics where he didn't win anything. I'm so excited for him.
Bode and his gold medal slalom run
Also, they have a new thing called ski cross. It's like snowboard cross but skiing. Four skiiers race each other down the hill with jumps. I'm sad I missed this. I hope I see it later.And I'm glad ice dancing is done after today. It is the worst thing in the world and I haven't been able to watch Olympics because of it. I'm excited to go back to it.







1 comment:
hahaha-- you don't like ice dancing?? I totally watched the entire thing-- for some reason i couldn't pull my eyes away. But it is a bit unimpressive- i kept waiting for them to do something awesome, but they never did. I was just proud that the silver medalist pair live in Ann Arbor & go to U of M. MI pride...sort of.
Post a Comment